Sergio Perez has been left frustrated with the stewards in Austria after failing to make the final stage of qualifying.

Sergio Perez’s Q2 elimination means that he has now failed to make the final segment in four consecutive race weekends.

The six-time grand prix winner is already under pressure at Red Bull, but his team last week vowed to support him despite a difficult run of form.

Perez was one of many drivers caught out by track limits in the final two corners at the Red Bull Ring, losing three lap times in Q2 alone.

The track limits infringements saw each of his runs deleted and Perez eliminated in P15. His final lap saw him shoot to second fastest before being removed with not enough time remaining for a further attempt.

However, the Mexican says that the stewards failed to look into an incident in which he claims he was blocked by Williams’ Alexander Albon.

“On the way in we were a bit confused, but then once I got the feedback that it was on the way into Turn 10 it was all clear,” he said.

“I was on a good lap but then all of a sudden on my final lap I found I think Albon.

“I went straight, I could not stop. I think I lost a tenth or a bit more than that just by going straight and the stewards would not consider that I was blocked.

“There are so many things I can control and unfortunately this one, you are closing a good lap and all the sudden you are blocked and you have a penalty. I think this is wrong.

“We will try [to recover on Sunday. It’s just frustrating that we have a good system and we are not able to consider when these things happen.”

His Red Bull teammate Max Verstappen narrowly edged Charles Leclerc to pole position for Sunday’s Grand Prix.

The Dutchman has now taken his fourth consecutive pole – a stark contrast to the fortunes of his closest championship rival Perez.

Source:  Read More 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *